Foundation's grant application and deed of gift forms
Foundation for Aalto University Science and Technology awards grants for MSc and Doctoral theses. The grants awarded by the Foundation are mostly funded by Finnish industrial companies, who may direct their gift to the Foundation to be used for research in a field of technology of their choice.
For students/researchers: Application forms for scholarships and travel grants
- Application form (docx)
- Application form (pdf)
- Please attach a study record transcript (can be an unofficial version)!
- Scholarships are awarded for MSc, Licenciate and Doctoral theses
- See more at Instructions for Foundation's grant applicants
For donors: Deed of gift forms
- Deed of gift (docx)
- Deed of gift (pdf)
- Please indicate the field of technology for which the gift is intended. The name of a professor or a student can not be indicated in the deed of gift. Please send the deed of gift to Foundation Office no later than one week before the meeting; for meeting times please see the main page.
- In case your company's financial administration requires a bill for paying the gift, then please fill in the deed of gift and contact the Foundation Office.
Sweco Stipend for a BSc student in construction engineering: Sweco Rakennetekniikka Oy wants to promote the studies in construction engineering and support enthusiastic students, and donates a 1000 eur stipend for a 3rd yeat BSc student at Aalto University. The stipend recipient will also be offered a BSc thesis topic in the field of construction engineering. You can apply for the stipend by filling in an electronic form and attaching a transcript of records and a motivation letter at https://www.webropolsurveys.com/S/B597641ADAF8DEDE.par The deadline for applications is 31 October, 3:00 p.m.
Grants from the foundation's own funds for doctoral students and for research visits, and Yrjö Uitto foundation's funds are normally awarded once each spring. In 2018, the deadline for applications was 1 March 2018 at 3.00 p.m. The list of grant recipients will be given in this page. The grants for doctoral students are meant for those pursuing their doctoral degree in Aalto University. The application consists of an electronic form (see below) and its required attachments. A list of required attachments is given in the electronic form and the attachments shall be delivered to the Foundation Office.
- Call for applications: Grants for doctoral studies and postdoctoral visits, spring 2018
- Electronic form for doctoral student grants, spring 2018
- Electronic form for travel grants for doctoral students and postdoctoral visits, spring 2018
- Information on the pension insurance for recipients of grants or scholarships (not applicable to M.Sc. students)